Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Spinner" Birthday Card

I'm really loving making these spinner cards. This is the second one (as soon as I figure out how would be best to set up my camcorder on my desk, I will make a video.).  This one was made for my mom's boyfriend, who watched me make the first one, and requested one for his birthday with a cat. I cut the cat from "A Child's Year" at 2 inches. I used the Peachy Keen "Everyday Character Faces" in the 3/8" for the face.  The card is actually a standard A2 size card out of kraft cardstock.  The first layer was cut at the same size (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) in the plaid from the DCWV "Guy Stack", the next (red layer) was cut at 4 x 5 1/4 from the same card stack, and the plaid was cut yet again twice at 2 1/2 x 5. All paper edges were sponged with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The bottom one was adhered to the card, and then the "Wishing You" was stamped in the window, while the rest of that particular stamp "the Best Birthday Ever" was stamped on the bottom of the top layer. That stamp is from My Creative Time "Wow! So Many Candles"  I then stamped the birthday border from the My Creative Time "Fun Borders" stamp with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I added white stitching with my Gelly Roll pen and the card was done. 
Hope you enjoy!
Christy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christy!! I like this card!! I haven't made one yet that has movement!! I'll add it to my list!!

    Samantha
    www.buglovinchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete